Operations Manager (Casual)
The Operations Manager is friendly, approachable, practical, and well organised. They will oversee all daily museum operations whilst maintaining an excellent visitor experience. They will supervise and motivate a team of volunteers and / or employees and work efficiently and methodically to achieve regular income targets. They will be responsible for managing the museum’s retail offer, including the café, gift shop, and online shop. They will strive for excellence in everything they do, and work alongside the Museum Director to ensure the museum achieves its ultimate goal of financial stability.
Main responsibilities and duties
- Overseeing all operations on a daily basis to maintain the highest standard of visitor experience
- Supervising and motivating a team of operational volunteers to ensure the smooth running of all activities throughout the building
- Managing the Museum’s retail offer: carrying out all administrative and practical tasks associated with managing an online shop, gift shop and café
- Working with the other Operations Manager to maintain an up to date bookings calendar for room hires, group visits, and other ticketed events.
- Organising room layouts ahead of hires bookings and providing basic catering supplies when needed
- Ensuring that all office documentation is well organised and kept up to date
- Responsible for delivering basic First Aid as and when needed, and ensuring that the museum’s Health and Safety Policy is adhered to at all times
£12.30 per hour. A full job description is here.